In DAI’s “A Meeting of the Minds” monthly Webinar series, we feature people who have unique perspectives on dementia and who challenge the status quo; our speakers are always highly regarded international academics, clinicians, service providers or keynote speakers.
In December, we host two celebration events, rather than having an educational speaker, and in January, our Cafe Le Brain is usually the celebration of DAI’s ‘Birthday’, although we always aim to have a Webinar in January as well.
Monthly webinars focus on a variety of topics, and provide an opportunity for people with dementia to connect with the wider community of those living with the disease or working in the area of dementia, and vice versa. To participate, you need only an Internet connection; a webcam and microphone will ensure a fuller experience.
- Wednesday September 25, 2019 (USA/CA/UK)
- Thursday September 26,, 2019 (AU/NZ/ASIA)
Please note: this is one event, set in a number of different time zones.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 (USA/CA/UK/EU):
- 11:00 am Honolulu
- 2:00 pm Pacific
- 3:00 pm Mountain
- 4:00 pm Central
- 5:00 pm Eastern
- 10:00 pm London/Glasgow/Dublin UK
- 11:00 pm Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, EU
Thursday, September 26, 2019 (AU/NZ/JP/SGP/TWN/CHN):
- 6:30 am Adelaide AU
- 7:00 am Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Tasmania AU
- 5:00 am Perth AU/Taipei//Beijing
- 9:00 am Auckland, NZ
The Webinar runs for 1.5 hours.
Check your time if not listed above with this link.
COST TO ATTEND:
- DAI Members/Care partners: FREE
- Employed persons: DONATIONS APPRECIATED
WITHOUT YOUR DONATIONS, DAI COULD NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE CURRENTLY FOR MEMBERS, THEIR FAMILIES & THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY.
- $US 5.00 covers the average cost of one of our monthly bank fees
- $US 60.00 covers the average of the cost of our monthly Zoom subscription fee
- $US 120.00 covers the average monthly cost of the MailChimp subscription
- $US 300.00 covers the current cost of 3 months of website management fees
CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE: If you are still waiting on a certificate of attendance from any of our educational webinars, please email us at [email protected]
OPTION: Our event ticketer, Eventbrite, charges us a transaction fee to cover fees and other processing costs, to securely process your donation. Please consider adding an additional small amount to your donation so 100% of your donation amount goes to Dementia Alliance International.
You can view videos of previous DAI “A Meeting of the Minds” Webinars on the You can view videos of previous DAI “A Meeting of the Minds” Webinars on the DAI YouTube Channel
Please note: Whilst we usually publish the recording of the event on YouTube afterwards, it does not include the Q & A sessions, and occasionally, we do not publicly publish recordings of your online Webinars at all, so if you don’t register to attend, you may miss seeing our events.